There’s been plenty of information out there on traveling from neighboring countries and FIFA has published how to park at the Abu Samra border in Qatar and make it into Doha, but it’s been a struggle to find details.
For example, FIFA has said fans can travel via land to Abu Samra and park their cars but only for Match Day visits or stays of at least 5 nights and with minimum of 3 people per vehicle. What if you wanted to drive to Qatar for just a few days or you are traveling solo? Fans have been left alone to figure this out.
We created a detailed post on traveling into Qatar from Saudi Arabia via bus/Careem and taking a bus from UAE to Qatar. Please read that.
Saudi Arabia – Here For You Platform & Details
This article is to highlight the Here for You platform launched by Saudi Arabia.
The entire platform is aimed at providing the details for navigating through Saudi Arabia to get to Qatar. This can be staying within the country, using the shuttle flights, driving to the border, using a bus or even Careem.
Highlights of Here for You PDF
Flights out of Saudi Arabia – Pages 17-20
In this section of the pdf, you get more details on:
- How to navigate Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam
- Baggage constraints on the Shuttle Flights
- Documents needed for gliths
Land Travel Across the Border to Qatar, Pages 21-28
Parking your car at Salwa (Saudi Arabia side) border
- Use the PDF to read all the details on Outbound & Return
- Includes using this link to book your shuttle from the parking lot to Qatar
- PDF also details baggage restrictions.
Match Day Visit details
- The pdf essentially summarizes what we know already.
Driving your Own Car into Qatar
- Again, summarizes what we know already.
Booking a Bus Trip into Qatar
- This is different than the shuttle above
- The PDF links to SAPTCO for booking a bus reservation
- It also states there are 10 daily trips from Al Ahsa to the Salwa parking lot
- As we discussed before, you can use Careem to ride share across the border.
Don’t Forget To Leave Your Thoughts
- Ready to travel? Read our pre-trip summary next.
- Enjoy our site? Consider a donation to support our content.
- Use options below to rate the information as helpful or unhelpful
- Drop a comment/question at the bottom of the page
- Contact Us
- Follow us on twitter and instagram