Overall Public Transportation Options
In addition to our very detailed article and images about using the metro system and its use specifically for attending matches, there’s numerous options for getting around Qatar.
Check out our mobile apps to download as well! There are a handful of helpful transportation apps!
Here’s a list of options that make up the Qatar Public Transportation Network based on what we found:
- Doha Metro
- Note that the metros will operate til 3am on match days
- I am also reading that masks are mandatory
- Lusail Details
- The link above is great with images and stations and will likely be useful for fans who plan on spending time in Lusail, especially if you’re attending matches at Al Bayt.
- Msheireb Details
- Education City Details
- Lusail Details
- First, don’t forget there will be stadium-specific bus routes
- Mowasalat is the aqua colored bus network
- Route map can be found here
- You can notice them via the aqua coloring with various roof colors by company.
- Fare info on Karwa
- Ride Sharing
- Uber – Google Play | Apple Store
- Careem – Google Play | Apple Store
As of October, 2022, public transit (metro, etc) requires a mask.
Getting Around Central Doha / Corniche
Central Doha, and specifically the Corniche, is going to be the focal point of Qatar 2022, mark our words on that.
Qatar announced this area along the water will be only for pedestrian traffic and has arranged shuttle stops, to supplement the metro stops to accommodate the traffice.
Check out our tweet with images here:
Electric Scooters & Bikes
Qatar also has a handful of escooters and each option is described in detail in this article.
You can rent bikes as well.
Getting to the Stadiums
We have a separate post on using the metro specifically but here’s some overall snapshots of options from the tournament. They were screenshot from the Qatar 2022 site.
Ahmad Bin Ali
Suggested 3rd Party Reading – “Catching a Ride in Doha”
We also recommend reading this article below from a South African expat who lives in Qatar:
This article walks through all options w/ Debbie’s personal touch and photos.
What’s Included w/ Hayya Card
According to the Hayya Card’s Terms and Conditions:
“The Hayya Card will permit you free travel on Qatar’s public transport systems on the day of a Match provided you hold a Match Ticket for such Match and the Hayya Card.”
Check These Sources For More Detail
The articles below are the sources and you may want to check each out for all their incredible detail as we only linked out above to some of the information:
Don’t Forget To Leave Your Thoughts
- Enjoy our site? Consider a donation to support our content.
- Use options below to rate the information as helpful or unhelpful
- Drop a comment/question at the bottom of the page
- Contact Us
- Follow us on twitter and instagram