With Qatar’s creative approach on securing lodging for over 1M fans without building hotels that will certainly become white elephants, the idea of cruise ships is no longer a funny joke. Qatar has signed off on a partnership with MSC (Mediterranean Shipping Company) to utilize two of their vessels.
Qatar 2022 told us:
Will This Be Like a Regular Cruise?
“…cruise ships will operate as usual, including entertainment and alcoholic drinks. For the full board option please find below:
MSC World Europa & MSC Poesia:
Both are available to book on the Qatar 2022 portal.
MSC World Europa Details
The cruise ship offers six stunning pools and 14 whirlpool baths with views of the ocean. A Balinese-style wellness center and spa, which features thermal baths, a beauty salon and barber shop, as well as a fully equipped gym. 24/7 front desk, 24/7 room service, 24/7 security, club or executive level, concierge service, conference center, designated smoking area, dry cleaning, license to serve alcohol, lift, non-smoking policy throughout, salon/ hairdresser, shops/ boutiques
Full Board option includes:
- Breakfast , Lunch, Tea time and Dinner
- Drink and Dine Drinking Package:
- White, red, rose & sparling wines / Draught beer / Mineral Water / Fountain soda / Fruit Juices”
MSC Opera – Breakfast Only or Full Board
In October, it was announced that the MSC Opera will join Europa and Poesia and can only be booked directly with MSC. We published a separate article on MSC Opera to help and explain booking.
How to Book Accommodation:
Click here for direct booking on MSC Opera as it is NOT on the Qatar 2022 site.
Was this post helpful?
- This is expected to help house 4,000 fans
- Price is unknown – though noted that a standard cabin is $590 (not sure on number of nights)
- The vessels are expected to remain at berth the entire time