Is This A New Cruise Ship Hotel for Qatar 2022?
Are you desperately trying to find a solid, last minute option for staying in Doha? This may be a great option!
That’s right, there’s a new cruise ship hotel – the MSC Opera – for Qatar 2022.
The MSC Opera is a great option for last minute accommodation in a prime Doha location that includes food/drink options with rooms starting at $220 per room per night. We say prime location because the cruise terminal is a 10 minute shuttle to Souq Waqif.
The addition of this cruise ship hotel brings the total of cruise ships in Doha for the World Cup to three:
- MSC Poesia
- MSC World Europa
- MSC Opera (new)
The official announcement regarding the MSC Opera was released back in October; however, there wasn’t much detail other than “MSC Opera is on its way!”.
Personally, we tried to hunt this down for a cluster of readers who asked us for detail and struggled to make sense of it. The thinking was “it will get added to the Qatar2022.qa/book portal soon” but it never was…and, we’re here to tell you it never will!
You can book directly right now as well as read below for more details and tips.
How Much Does MSC Opera Cost Per Night
MSC Opera has availability for all kind of rooms, from traditional inside and ocean-view to balcony rooms and luxurious suites.
Quick overview of basic pricing offers and room options you’ll find at the lowest level, if available:
- Inside Room
- $220 US/EUR (QR$900)
- Outside View
- $320 US/EUR (QR$1350)
- $450 US/EUR (QR$1850)
How does this compare to other lodging in Doha for the Qatar 2022 World Cup?
It’s relatively affordable. With $220/room/night, that’s about the same as the Fan Villages!
Tips on How to Book A Stay
Do not glance at the site and run away! You’ll need to apply some filters to see the true prices and availability.
First, make the “departure date” = your first night’s stay. Do not put your check-in / check-out dates or you’ll be overwhelmed on the next step.
So if you plan to to travel Dec 2 to Dec 7, only select Dec 2 here.
Hit the “more filters” option to then select a # of night’s range and then you can even select type of room if you’re worried more about costs.
See image 1 below.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll now see options for your starting date + number of nights. That is, each option to book is showing you Start Date + # of Nights so you’ll see an option for 2 nights, 3 nights, etc. Find the number of nights you plan to stay from your starting date and proceed to book as you normally would.
See image 2 below.
How Do I Receive a Hayya w/ MSC Opera
Since you’re booking through a 3rd party application you’ll have to go into the Hayya Portal and apply via that method.
We have an article that provides details on applying for a Hayya which also links to another article that illustrates how to do so for a booking that is independent of the qatar2022.qa/book portal.
Is MSC Opera All-Inclusive?
Not quite. There’s 2 options: (1) Breakfast Only & (2) Full Board
Full Board comes with a dining package and allows breakfast / lunch / dinner during operating hours.
In general, lunch is 11:30 to 16:00 and dinner is 17:30 to 22:30.
Below is an image with the lowest priced options and packages from my search.
What are MSC Opera’s Basic Details?
This list was sent to us directly so can’t really comment beyond these details:
- Available to book Nov 19 to Dec 19 (30 nights) at Doha Port
- Specialty Restaurants (Food and Beverage Offers / à la carte)
- Mini Bar (upon guests’ request)
- SPA area, SPA treatments, SPA Retail, all SPA Services in general, Hairdresser, private Fitness Services
- Laundry Services
- Room Service
- Communication Services (Phone, Fax)
- Shore Excursions and related services
- Medical Services
- Entertainment: Baby Phone Rental, Pieper, Kids around the clock services
- Games Arcade
- Gym by TechnoGym
- Mini Safe on the cabin for valuables
- Pools and Jacuzzis in public areas
- Sport field (where available)
- Kids and Teens Area
- Bottled still water provided daily free of charge as per local standard (unlimited)
- 1 x UK/EU Adapter free of charge available on every cabin
Don’t Forget To Leave Your Thoughts
- If you just booked the MSC Opera, congratulations!
- You may want to read our pre-trip summary next.
- Enjoy our site? Consider a donation to support our content.
- Use options below to rate the information as helpful or unhelpful
- Drop a comment/question at the bottom of the page
- Contact Us
- Follow us on twitter and instagram